Honda XR650R for sale

NickB

This is a great bike with lots of extras - Weber (pumper) carb, K&N air filter, engine case saver, shark fin disc guard, billet aluminium rear fender rack, and more. Street legal with working indicators and lights. It comes with a spare 17l fuel tank. Use it as a dirt bike or change the tyres and use it as a road bike, or convert to supermotard. I have owned this bike for 7 years and need to sell because I'm relocating:-( The XR650R has an incredible reputation - the engine is bulletproof and is very powerful. Asking B180 000 neg. The bike is unregistered and can be viewed in Chiang Mai from Monday 3 March. For photos or more info contact Nick at chaychanna@gmail.com.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Street legal with working indicators and lights....... The bike is unregistered and can be .....
Sorry to rain on your parade but you need to be clear! Stating it is street legal but unregistered is a contradiction in terms.

An unregistered bike is illegal to be ridden on the street in Thailand, never mind indicators and lights.

If there is no excise tax document with the bike the new owner even runs the risk of confiscation of the bike if he is caught by the flying brigades (teams of Police and Customs officers).

Sorry to rain on your parade but you need to be clear! Stating it is street legal but unregistered is a contradiction in terms.

An unregistered bike is illegal to be ridden on the street in Thailand, never mind indicators and lights.

If there is no excise tax document with the bike the new owner even runs the risk of confiscation of the bike if he is caught by the flying brigades (teams of Police and Customs officers).

No worries dude! You're not raining on my parade. Sorry if I confused you. By "street legal" I meant that it is wired appropriately and has a horn, lights and indicators - something most dirt bikes don't have and which costs a lot to install after-market. The bike can be purchased and registered without any additional work having to be done on it. Just to add though that I have 10 years of riding in Thailand, on-road and off-road, a number of police stops and never any hassles. The enduro club I used to ride with in Lampang consisted of about 30 guys, mostly with XR250's and not a licence plate in sight. No-one seemed too fazed.

The bike can be purchased and registered without any additional work having to be done on it.
Factually untrue, as the bike is unregistered it cannot be registered!

You avoid the crucial question if the bike's excise tax has been paid up and therefor you have a document that shows this?
Without an excise tax certificate the bike is at risk of confiscation by Thai Customs officers (the Police cannot confiscate it, only give a ticket for driving without a license).

Your potential buyers need to be aware of what they are buying, a farang with a unlegit bike will sooner run into serious wahala than a Thai guy!!!!
And your bike without any legit paperwork is not worth the price you are asking I.M.O.

You avoid the crucial question if the bike's excise tax has been paid up and therefor you have a document that shows this?

You didn't ask the question about excise tax, but I assume you are now. The bike was brought into Thailand from Japan in pieces and assembled here. I do have the customs paperwork showing that excise tax has been paid.

Factually untrue, as the bike is unregistered it cannot be registered!

Without an excise tax certificate the bike is at risk of confiscation by Thai Customs officers (the Police cannot confiscate it, only give a ticket for driving without a license).

Your potential buyers need to be aware of what they are buying, a farang with a unlegit bike will sooner run into serious wahala than a Thai guy!!!!
And your bike without any legit paperwork is not worth the price you are asking I.M.O.

Marcel, the guy is trying to sell his bike simple as, we are not here to lecture of the why's and wherefores I know this is a touchy subject for you and you voiced your opinion on another forum. Should the purchaser intend to ride it exclusively off ride then there is no issue ( like any other off road bike). The bike could be registered in Thailand but it is a costly exercise to get omissions test and pay the required excise tax etc.

A huge majority of the off road bikes in the north of Thailand are not plated or registered, i am not saying this is correct but it's a fact, in a similar way to you objected to a similar thread about the non entry track signs, people ignore them, Ok it's wrong but that's life. If you are interested in purchasing the XR600 fine otherwise please refrain from poking at what otherwise is perfectly good bike offered for sale.

Bob,

If a bike is fully legit I have no issues, but I do not agree if "grey" bikes are being posted as "street legal" or "can be registered" when factually it cannot!
The readers and potential buyers may not be as experienced or know all legalities in Thailand as we do them.
At least the ignorant should know what they are up against??

I have been posting against bikes being advertised at several forums as being legal when factually they are not.
I will continue to do so until the moderation blocks me from posting against "grey" bikes posted as "street legal".

No worries dude! You're not raining on my parade. Sorry if I confused you. By "street legal" I meant that it is wired appropriately and has a horn, lights and indicators - something most dirt bikes don't have and which costs a lot to install after-market. The bike can be purchased and registered without any additional work having to be done on it. Just to add though that I have 10 years of riding in Thailand, on-road and off-road, a number of police stops and never any hassles. The enduro club I used to ride with in Lampang consisted of about 30 guys, mostly with XR250's and not a licence plate in sight. No-one seemed too fazed.

I think the poster response was pretty clear by stating the term "street legal" which is a term bantered about to indicate the bike has running lights. His original post clearly states the bike is unregistered, so can you please leave the guy to try and sell what is a very nice machine.

Forum policing is not required on this forum.

Dead right Bob. Let us sell our bikes if we want to not worry about the Spanish Inquisition. They are everywhere.

Nick: Your phrasing is correct. Mainstream bike reviews of Enduro and similar use the term for non street bikes when they are set up like yours. I also have a Honda (as well as the Suzi) and the Honda is set up like yours.

You mean I won't get banned from this forum for mentioning the name of a well-known Chiang Mai restaurant? I got a life-time ban from a two-bit forum for doing that. I just took it as a sign of small-dick disease on their part.

.... and back to the bike. It looks like a good machine.

I think the poster response was pretty clear by stating the term "street legal" which is a term bantered about to indicate the bike has running lights. His original post clearly states the bike is unregistered, so can you please leave the guy to try and sell what is a very nice machine.

Thanks for the support Bob, Screamingeagle and Bigfella. I'm just trying to sell a great bike, not con anyone into anything. I have owned two "big" bikes in Thailand, both bought from bike shops, none of them registered. Its not ideal, but it seems to work okay in Thailand (in the north anyway).
Cheers.

Superb looking big thumper.. Tho I do fall into the camp where descriptions should be as clear as possible as many readers might not know the distinctions between no paperwork / import only (invoice) / import and excise / grey book / legit book.. And the implications between.

It doesnt hurt the bikes sale to be bluntly honest about it, people will understand once its clear.

good luck with the sale.. I always liked these machines was tempted by a cambo plated one, but kick only made it perhaps not an ideal city hopper which was part of my use then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Classifieds 1
2wheels Classifieds 3
R Classifieds 0
2wheels Classifieds 2
K Classifieds 10
Back
Top Bottom