Honda XLR 250

genki

Honda XLR250 in excellent mechanical condition, available for immediate sale.

It comes with green book, insurance, licence and I will throw spare cables, heavy duty tubes and a brand new helmet with the bike.

I bought this bike 2 years for a 6 week ride to Laos and I have got the engine rebuilt (receipts available). It has been very reliable. Bike has always been parked indoors. I have used the bike occasionally during my visits to Chiang Mai and had the bike regularly serviced.

Asking price 55,00 THB.

I will be in Chiang Mai on 13th Dec for a week. Anyone interested, please email me at genki62@gmail.com

bike 1.jpgbike 2.jpgbike 3.jpg

"It comes with green book"

If so, why is there no license plate on the bike in your photos?

just ask if u want to know the rego number, without making your own judgement buddy!!

The plate is mounted under the rear guards which is not visible on the photo. Any serious buyer can request a copy of the green book via my email genki62@gmail.com

It doesn't mention the year in the green book. Model is MD22-1103076 and I believe it's 1994 year

The green book must be worth 40,000 bht alone? Got something sexy you want to bring here and some XR stickers?

Might be a little older - 1990 - here are the manual specs - HONDA : Service Manual [0SSP460KZ900]

Fits - HONDA XLR250 BAJA / Model year : 1/90 / Stamp type : MD22 / Vehicle identification number : 1100001- / Model engines : MD17E / Model number : XLR250RIIIL / Certification designation : II-149
HONDA XLR250 BAJA / Model year : 12/87 / Stamp type : MD22 / Vehicle identification number : 1000001- / Model engines : MD17E / Model number : XLR250R3J / Certification designation : II-149
HONDA XLR250 BAJA / Model year : 12/90 / Stamp type : MD22 / Vehicle identification number : 1200001- / Model engines : MD17E / Model number : XLR250RIIIM / Certification designation : II-149

BUT - it certainly looks like a genuine green book, not a recycled one. That is pretty rare on a bike of that age, and as Phil said, the value of that book is pretty high.

BTW - sometimes the wheel rims are stamped with the manufacture date. That could confirm the age.

hi phil, i have been to riders corner once to get s luggage rack for the bike. Yiu did not have one, so i got it made locally.

BUT - it certainly looks like a genuine green book, not a recycled one. That is pretty rare on a bike of that age, and as Phil said, the value of that book is pretty high.

It was possible in the early to mid 90s to get foreign bikes registered. I got a used XT400 from a BKK shop in '93 and got plates and green book for it.

Also came across several 400cc Honda Bros and other bikes from that time which had an original green book, not a frame number change.

I've never found out why it was possible then and how long it lasted. Maybe some older expats can shed some light on that.

Back
Top Bottom