Dunlop Or IRC Tyres For The KLX

Captain_Slash

Community Manager
Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
I noticed yesterday that the IRC tyres on the new Honda 250 are the same size as the Dunlops on my KLX, whats the general opinion on them both, ie which one is better?

IRC is half the price but they wear faster.

I bought a Dunlop Geomax recently, it was 3,200 baht.

Not a fair comparison to the KLX but I wore out an IRC Enduro tyre in under 1,000km on the KTM.

I think it's the new IRC dual sport tire Colin's talking about that comes on a stock Honda CRF 250 L, it looks similar to the Dunlop 605 that comes with the KLX 250.

Not a fair comparison to the KLX but I wore out an IRC Enduro tyre in under 1,000km on the KTM.

i have got 3500 km on my crf and the back tyre is pretty much finished,i have no complaints on the standard tyres on the crf they seem ok on the road but i dont have anything to compare them to.
putting on a pair of m21,s next week so my opinion of the stock tyres may change then.

Derren, I buy my geomax (MX-51) for 2400 baht 18-100/100 and 2750 for the 18-110/100. Let me know if you want the contact or are you riding on even larger sizes?

Derren, I buy my geomax (MX-51) for 2400 baht 18-100/100 and 2750 for the 18-110/100. Let me know if you want the contact or are you riding on even larger sizes?

Tried to pm, your inbox is full. I would appreciate it if you could send me your tyre contact chap.

3500 km, thats not very good, is that thrashing it or general riding?

3500 km, thats not very good, is that thrashing it or general riding?
i would say about 800km of road riding ,the rest thrashing it offroad a lot of hard accelleration in 1st and 2nd spinning it up alot and constantly locking up the back wheel when down shifting

I noticed yesterday that the IRC tyres on the new Honda 250 are the same size as the Dunlops on my KLX, whats the general opinion on them both, ie which one is better?

I have a set of Pirelli Scorpion A/T MT 90's on my KLX, if most of your riding is on the hard stuff they are fantastic.

it dont seem easy to get any specific tyres over here seems you just have to take what they have in stock,currently waiting for email reply from pirelli thailand,in the mean time if anyone knows where to get m21,s front 3.00/21 and rear18 "120/80 for acrf 250l please let me know
thanks

GIVEN up looking for pirrelli or dunlop and waiting for email reply,got a pair of deeston pure off road tyres today front 900 bht rear 980 they look completely useless and dangerous for road use but should be pretty good off road

I replaced the KLXs rear tyre today with another Dunlop, I got over 14000 km out of it and they cost 1518 Baht, the IRC costs 2700 Baht so would need to last 26000 km to be as cost effective and theres no way I could see one lasting that long

are the IRC VE33/35 Volcanduro the same as the oem CRF/L tyres, or are they the MotoX version?
and do they last longer?

are the IRC VE33/35 Volcanduro the same as the oem CRF/L tyres, or are they the MotoX version?
and do they last longer?

I tried a Volcanduro VE35F on the front of the DRZ for offroad use. Compound is soft and I found it quite unstable until about 1/3 worn. Replaced it with a Dunlop D952F 80/100 21. Much better in every way.

The 2013 KTM XCW's come stock with the Geomax MX51's. So far so good on my 500. The rear tyre is just about done after 3000km of offroad use. Might squeeze another 500km out of it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thump Bike Talk 0
KTMphil Bike Talk 2
T Bike Talk 9
Back
Top Bottom