Border crossing to Cambodia and Vietnam

khieawrider650

Bikes
Bajaj Pulsar 220, Yamaha Nmax 155, Kawasaki Versys 650
Greetings everyone. It's an honor to join this community.

I'm an Indonesian working in Thailand. Just bought a Versys 650 and planning to do ASEAN border crossing and my first destination in mind is Cambodia and Vietnam, with the route starts from Bangkok to Trat, Trat to Phnom Penh, and Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh City. There are a few questions I would like to ask.

1. I never seen any thread discussing about Khlong Yai - Cham Yeam Border. Is it hard to go pass that border?
2. I want to ask regarding the driving license since I heard that Indonesian driving license is valid in all ASEAN countries, even Cambodia was the first coutries that recognizes it. Do I still have to register an IDP to cross?
3. If IDP is required, I am taking care of driving license transfer from Indonesian to Thai. For the IDP, should I register for Indonesian IDP or Thai IDP?
4. Is it true that if we want to cross Vietnam we should go with a travel agency?

Sorry for long post and thank you.

Welcome to the forum
I believe your Indonesian licence is valid in all ASEAN countries, my Malaysian friend has ridden all over Thailand and other SE Asia countries using his with no IDP

I think you may struggle getting a big bike into Vietnam and if I am not mistaken you will also have to go through an agency/tour operator to get travel permits and maybe even a guide

Wayne

Welcome to the forum
I believe your Indonesian licence is valid in all ASEAN countries, my Malaysian friend has ridden all over Thailand and other SE Asia countries using his with no IDP

I think you may struggle getting a big bike into Vietnam and if I am not mistaken you will also have to go through an agency/tour operator to get travel permits and maybe even a guide

Wayne
Thank you for the answer. Really nice to know that ASEAN countries driving license do valid in each other.

Do you know any tour agency that I can contact?

Back
Top Bottom